Monday, June 28, 2010

Changing the World

Greatest man in history, named Jesus, had no servants, yet they called Him Master. Had no degree, yet they called Him Teacher. Had no medicines, yet they called Him Healer. Had no army yet Kings feared Him. He won no military battles, yet he conquered the world. He committed no crime, yet they crucified Him. He was buried in a tomb, yet He lives today!

I took this from a Facebook post on my live feed. A reminder to myself that He is in control, every day, every hour, every second of our lives. Yes, I worry, but it is a price I will pay for a debt I will never owe, because He has already paid the price for each of us.

I know I can't change the world. I can't tell you how many times my precious Mother used to tell me "Karen, you cannot change the world". I have always wanted others to know what I knew about this man called Jesus. I have always just wanted to help others, touch others lives, hopefully in a positive way.

The serenity prayer comes to mind as I write. My own favorite Bible Scripture. Psalm 46:10 says to "be still and know that I am God", tells me to be quiet and let Him do His work, yet I am a believer that we as human beings have to continue to do our part in this life. We can't sit back on our laurels and expect others to do it for us.

I listen to the news every day, almost too much, I hear what my spirit tells me are lies and deceptions, are deliberate acts of taking the hands of the those who aren't willing to question the information they are given, or are incapable of understanding, and be led down this horrible path this country is walking. Where is it they are being led? Why do they go? Can't we help to educate them?

I can't help but wonder if anyone really, honestly, openly cares about others. Are we who follow Jesus walking in the steps of Jesus? Are we being open, honest, truthful? Are we teaching His lessons? Are we fighting His war? Do we fight the evils of the world? Do we extend our hand to others? Do we????

No comments:

Post a Comment